The best product in the world will not perform if consumers cannot find it. Distribution with the right retailers is critical to maximizing consumer reach and penetration. In addition, limited shelf space in retail outlets calls for special attention to space management opportunities. Key questions that need to be understood include:
- Which retailer represents the greatest sales opportunity?
- What alternate shopping channels are consumers using for your brands?
- Is enough distribution in place to start advertising?
- Is the shelf space optimised?
- Is the mix of products in the category correct?
The right strategy to ensure optimal retail distribution and positioning is critical to deliver sales of both new and existing products. Major questions include:
- Where are the distribution gaps and opportunities?
- How effective is my sales force?
- Are out-of-stocks an issue?
Nielsen Can Help
Manage your distribution strategy with retail data that tracks overall sales performance and the effectiveness of marketing and sales strategies among individual retailers. Find out more.
Assortment & In-store Space
Replicate virtually any retail environment to make category-merchandising decisions and optimise floor space allocation for higher profits all with Nielsen Spaceman Suite. Find out more.
Through Shopper Trends and the Store Equity Index for key retailers (based on our Winning Brands Methodology), our services can help you fine tune trade planning by providing a better understanding of store assortment, store relationships, store attribute associations and category purchasing. Find out more.